Want a chance to study closely with Katerina Kolozova (The Real and ‘I’) and Ray Brassier (Nihil Unbound)? An upcoming event held by the Euro-Balkan Institute gives you a chance to do just that – applications are due this Friday.
Gender Studies of and for the Region of the Balkans
Euro-Balkan Institute’s Department of Gender Studies within the framework of Regional Network for Gender and Women’s Studies in Southeastern Europe is announcing the 2nd in the series of three colloquia on thematic and methodological-epistemic issues: ”Gender Studies of and for the Region of the Balkans“, to be held 20-24 of June, 2010 in Ohrid, Macedonia. The Colloquia will offer master classes held by prominent scholars from the Balkan region, provocative discussions and workshops with the focus on gender issues of possible epistemic approaches in creating regional perspectives.
1. COLLOQUIUM 1: “Epistemologies of Identity Studies: Understanding Transition and Gender in the Region of Southeastern Europe.”
2. COLLOQUIUM 2: “Interdisciplinary Methodologies in the Study of Gendered Balkan Identities.”
Working language of the colloquium will be English.
Professors: Prof. Dr. Katerina Kolozova, Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences Research – Skopje; Dr. Ray Brassier, American University in Beirut; Prof. Dr. Krassimira Daskalova, St. Kliment Ohridski, University of Sofia, Bulgaria; Dr. Jelisaveta Blagojevic, Singidunum University – Belgrade and Dr. Alexandra Zavos, Research Center for Gender Studies – Panteion University of Athens
– Participant must be junior scholars in the areas of social sciences and humanities interested in exploring the issues of gender
– Participant must be a national of one of the countries participating in the Network (Southeastern Europe), or a Swiss national in order for her/his accommodation costs (fully), travel (partly) and fee to be covered by the Organizer.
– Participants from other countries are also eligible to participate, but ineligible for the financial support provided by the organizers; for these applicants, the fee for participation will be 80 euro
Number of participants: 15
Interested applicants should select one of the colloquiums and send short CV through available application form at www.euba.edu.mk
Deadline for submitting an application: April 2nd 2010
With the support of the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and in cooperation with RRPP-Fribourg University